Cuisine Companion Beef Satay

 Cuisine Companion Beef Satay


This is my first attempt making beef Satay with my Cuisine Companion, CC. It is so easy to make with CC. No more splashes and messy kitchen. This dish require constant stirring when cook conventionally, therefore preparing it with CC is such a blissed. I always burnt bottom of my pot whenever I stop stirring for few minutes.  This satay is so creamy and rich in flavour especially the sweetness of caramelised peanuts and toasted spice. I hope you will like this recipe as much as I do.




Cuisine Companion Beef Satay
Serves: 5-6 peoples 

Ingredients 

500gm roasted peanuts – preferable with skin-I roasted my raw shelled peanuts in air fryer~13minutes, you may roast them in your oven, 180deg C ~15minutes or until nuts just begin to turn brown. Stir them once or twice during cooking. Let them cool completely before using.
500gm beef strips – I used Porterhouse steaks – which I cut into strips
2tbs veggie oil
1tbs smoked paprika

Ingredients A
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp fennel seeds

Ingredients B
1 onion-peeled and cut into quarters
20gm peeled fresh ginger 
5 cloves peeled garlic

Ingredients C
½ piece coconut sugar (please refer to ingredient photo to see the brand of coconut sugar I used)*
3 cups plain water
1tsp salt
4tbs sugar

*you can find coconut sugar at any asian grocer near you. Any brand can do.

Cooking photos:

Step 1: Kneading blade inserted to chop roasted peanuts.
Chopped peanuts. To be set aside until needed in final step.
 Ingredients needed

Step 2 : To toast spices, cumin & fennel seeds.
Toasted spices.
Step 3
Pulsed onion, garlic & ginger.
Step 4
Step 5
Results after step 5, then proceed to final step where you add chopped peanuts and the rest of the ingredients. Cook P2/slow-cook/45min/905degC. P/S : I'm sorry, I forgot to take photo of step 6.
Final results.

















Comments