Cuisine Companion Simple Chicken Curry

Cuisine Companion Simple Chicken Curry



This curry chicken is one of our family favourites. This versatile dish best eaten with steam rice, bread or naan. I've prepared recipe for naan too, Cuisine Companion Garlic Cheese Naan. I learned cooking chicken curry from my dearest grandma. I'd always looking forward to eat her curry and took every chance I had to stood next to her when she cooked this dish. Her curry is always the best. She's no longer with us. I miss her a lot. After many times cooking this dish, I've made my own tweaks to make it simpler and easier. Recently, I've adapted the methods to suits our cooking style with Tefal Cuisine Companion. 
I hope you can try cooking this with your CC and I wish you success!


Cuisine Companion Chicken Curry 
Serves: 4 peoples 
Spiciness: Mild

Ingredients 


1 medium size peeled onion
5 cloves peeled garlic
20gm peeled ginger

5tbs vegetable oil

1tsp garam masala

4 tbs curry powder*** (I've always used Green packet Babas curry powder 
- you can find this easily at any asian grocer, photos attached below)

1½ cup water
850gm chicken pieces

200ml coconut cream
¼ cup Greek style yogurt
1tsp chicken stock powder
1tbs sugar
1 tsp Salt 

*** some other brands of curry powder can be too spicy, reduce if necessary

Garnishing ideas :

Coriander leaves
Crispy fried onion






Photos below are my experiences making this dish with my CC.

The ingredients I used. The green packet is the Babas curry powder. I live in Brisbane QLD, and I bought it at Sunlit supermarket or any asian grocer. Once opened, you can store it in air tight container and place it in your pantry.

 Pulsed onion, garlic and ginger.
Started using whisk blade to sauté the ingredients.

Garam masala and ginger garlic onion paste look like this after complete step 4.


Step 5 : Curry powder and 1tbs water added

Finally Step 7

Done!

Served and enjoy! :)









Comments

  1. Looks wonderful and a great way to honour your grandmother. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Bea Jay for your kind words. It's my pleasure to share this recipe you and everyone. I hope you like it and thank you for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. I love a good curry and this looks wonderful, its amazing the memories that food can bring back to us. I have two packets of this curry, I bought one for my daughter but she didnt want to use it, so its good to have extra dishes to add it to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment